The Internal Combustion Engine Division of the ASME is pleased to announce the details of its upcoming 2011 Fall Technical Conference to be held October 2 - 5, 2011 in Morgantown, West Virginia and hosted by West Virginia University. The technical program includes the following:
- Around 100 technical papers presented by leading researchers in the field.
- Keynote address by Professor Nigel Clark (West Virginia University) discussing the development of internal combustion engines in the face of societal pressures.
- A free workshop (to registered conference participants) conducted by the Center for Alternative Fuels, Engines, and Emission of West Virginia University on Advances in Tailpipe Sensors.
- A panel composed of leading alternative fuel researchers discussing the future directions of alternative fuels and their impact on internal combustion engines.
- Presentations delivered by three undergraduate student engine enthusiasts who competed through an international competition to attend and participate in the conference for free.
- Technical tours of West Virginia University's Center for Alternative Fuels, Engines, and Emission Laboratories.
In addition to the technically rich environment, the conference offers a small but collegial atmosphere for networking, vibrant discussions, and enthusiastic collaborations to advance the science and art of the internal combustion engine. Reduced registration fees for students offer employers a unique opportunity to recruit next-generation experts to their organizations.
Registration is now open with early-bird registration rates available until September 1, 2011.
For more information, please contact:
Administrative Questions (including sponsorship or exhibitor opportunities):
John C. Hedrick
Southwest Research Institute
Technical Program Questions:
Timothy J. Jacobs, Ph.D
Texas A&M University
|SAVE THE DATES
|ASME IC Engine 2012 Spring Technical Conference
Hosted by Polytechnic University of Torino
May 6 - 9, 2012
||ASME IC Engine 2012 Fall Technical Conference
Hosted by Westport Innovations, Inc.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
September 23 - 26, 2012