ASME 2014 SMR OFFICIAL PROCEEDINGS
The official archival Proceedings of SMR2014 are now published on the ASME Digital Collection
. The Abstract page for each paper is open to public view and contains all the information that you need to cite your paper.
The ASME 2014 Small Modular Reactors Symposium (SMR2014) addresses the technical, business and regulatory issues for the deployment of small modular reactors. We go beyond just the high level strategy presentations you see at other SMR events. SMR 2014 also gets into the technical details for bringing SMRs from design and concept into fabrication and building.
Small modular reactors are some of the most promising reactor concepts, offering advantages such as enhanced safety, in-factory modular construction, lower up front capital costs per unit, distributed generation and availability for non-power generation applications.
Presentations will address the following topics:
Track 1 Plant & Fuel Engineering, Design and Applications
Track 2 Systems, Structures, Components, Instrumentation & Controls, and Materials
Track 3 Nuclear Engineering Analysis (Reactor Physics, Thermal Hydraulics, V&V, etc.)
Track 4 Managing Safety & Risk, Risk Assessment Methods, Human Factors and Incorporating Design and Operational Lessons Learned from Fukushima Daiichi
Track 5 Codes & Standards, Regulatory Issues and Licensing
Track 6 Advanced Manufacturing, Modular Fabrication, Plant Construction and Supply Chain Management
Track 7 Plant Economics and Financing
Track 8 Keynote and Panel Sessions
Track 9 Social and Food Functions
Advanced Manufacturing & Modular Construction
- Ken Barry – Senior Project Manager, Advanced Nuclear Technology, EPRI
- Steve Levesque – Program Manager, Edison Welding Institute
- Matt Blake – Chief Engineer Civil Nuclear, Rolls Royce
- Bob Granata – Vice President, Newport News Nuclear
First Movers - Next Steps to Deployment
- Dan Ingersoll – Director of Research Collaborations, NuScale Power
- Mark Peres – Executive Project Director / Engineering Director, Fluor Nuclear Power
- Jeff Halfinger – Vice President of Technology Development, Generation mPower
- Ron Beck – Project Manager, Bechtel Power Corporation
SMR Economics and Financing
- Edward McGinnis – Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Nuclear Energy Policy and Cooperation, U.S. Department of Energy
- John Schuster – Director, Structured Finance, Power Sector, Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Carl Cho – Director of Risk Management, Citigroup
- Edward Kee – Vice President, NERA Economic Consulting
William C. Ostendorff, Commissioner,
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
John E. Kelly, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Reactor Technologies,
U.S. Department of Energy
Exhibit and Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
MasterClass Training on Commercial Grade Dedication and Identifying and Preventing the Use of Counterfeit items.